- This event has passed.
Bird Hike With Audubon featuring Brian “Fox” Ellis
May 16 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 amFree
Take A Walk With John Audubon! Brian “Fox” Ellis, portraying John Audubon the artist, will lead a unique bird watching adventure as he regales you with his in-depth observations of the species we happen to see along the Rock River Birding and Hiking Trail. Peak Spring migration is happening at this time, so we should see lots of bird activity and will be able to view activity in an active eagle nest.
- Held at Nature At The Confluence, 306 Dickop Street, South Beloit.
- This is a free program with limited registration.
- Please RSVP on Nature At The Confluence’s website to reserve your spot.
- Bring binoculars and wear shoes appropriate for possible muddy trails.
- Presented in partnership with Nature At The Confluence, Sinnissippi Audubon and Green-Rock Audubon Society
- Join us for another program at 1pm, “Adventures With Audubon” – register here.
Brian “Fox” Ellis is an internationally acclaimed author, storyteller, historian, and naturalist. He has worked with The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, The Field Museum and dozens of other museums across the country. Fox is a highly sought keynote speaker.
John Audubon is famous for his adventures and travels throughout North America in the early 1800’s to document all types of American birds and for his detailed illustrations that depicted the birds in their natural habitats.